Header Image

Header Image

Saturday, May 26, 2012

More kitchen fun

Exterminator...check
Verizon...check
Ethernet, Wall mounted speakers & some extra video lines added...check

Had a very productive day unpacking some things, hanging some things, and buying more things!
We are in the middle of updating the outlets in the kitchen to an almond color because the standard white is too much of a contrast against the backsplash.

Hung a couple of tv mounts and hubby surprised me with this...


Thanks to Sgt. Rich's find, the Rev-a-shelf pot & pan holder will make managing those so much easier! He also relocated the pull out shelf he removed for this to the island, woohoo!


Updated the island outlets to black...much better!





11 comments:

  1. Ah, the TV mounts, I'm dreading them. Soon as I put a finger on drywall, the wall falls apart. I'm hoping with my pre-drywall pictures I have a small chance of finding a stud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anywhere you have power & coax next to each other like in the pic, there is a stud in between, just center between the two

      Delete
  2. You guys are really getting to work already! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We dont typically have much time off so were using this holiday week to really gain some traction. Plus without the kids here its so much easier to stay focused :)

      Delete
  3. I think thanks to Sgt. Rich, every Ryan blogger will own the Rev-a-shelf pot & pan holder. I know I will be geeting. Great find. Everything is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is looking good Steve and Ericka! Steve your hunny-do-list is going to continue to grow. Have fun! I love, love the Rev a shelf site. It was pretty smart to move the others to the island!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice move on changing the outlets to black on the island. That looks good! I will have to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stop it! I'm blushing. haha
    I show my pot/pan rack off when showing the house to a new guest. Easily one of the best things in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will also be getting one thanks to you!

      Delete
  7. Everything looks great! Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, nice blog! :) We're about ready to have our pre-construction meeting and can't wait to actually see some work being done! I read that you were going to spill your low voltage wiring "secret" after closing but I haven't been able to find the post. Care to divulge? ;)

    ReplyDelete