Header Image

Header Image

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Honey-do and do and do...

Well its been 5 days since we've closed and we have been running non-stop moving and arranging and installing, and SHOPPING! Were nearly completely unpacked, but school is still in session for another 2 weeks so were running back and forth and still left some minimal vitals in the old house to keep things running. Refrigerator is coming today and here are this weekend's goodies. --Ericka

Converted one of the recessed to a hanging fixture and added a pendant for the island, love it!



Started jazzing up the "mudroom/hall". This wall is only 28" so there wasnt enough room for a full traditional shelf/bench entryway setup, but this will suit our needs fine.




Found this cool new digital peephole with a lcd screen!

Push the button and you get this!



Had loads of fun getting this La-Z-Boy present from my MIL up to the master bedroom...I was a good supervisor on that one :)


Wall mounted surround speakers in the basement, this is some of the wiring we had hidden before the drywall went up :)


Hall bathroom motion switch that auto turns on/off the light AND fan upon entry/exit, because its always one or the other that never gets turned off.



12 comments:

  1. I like that digital peep hole.
    I have kicked the idea of motion activated switches. Only room so far that's an issue is Master Closet because my beautiful wife ...ummmm...forgets. Maybe in there first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can set it to turn off as quick as 15 secs after it doesnt detect any activity, it works really well.

      Our daughter is pretty short and wouldnt be able to see out of a standard one anyway so the screen really helps and you dont even have to let people know youre there. With a standard peephole the person outside can sometime see you blocking the light from inside while youre looking through it.

      Delete
  2. that digital peep hole is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever, love the digital peep hole. Can't wait to share this idea with my husband because he wanted to change the door! Thanks for the tip! Everything is coming along very nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work so far, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks awesome! I'm still trying to figure out a way to do pendants in ours. I didn't think about having them roughed in and then it was too late and they wouldn't let us add it. I want them on a different switch too which makes things more complicated. What did you think of the lighting with just the recessed lights (before you added the pendant)? Did it seem bright enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didnt get a fixture rough-in either, home stores sell a recessed to hanging conversion kit (even thought it did require some modification to work with the cans that they used in my market). The kits allow you to hang virtually any type of fixture from a recessed can, even though I probably would not put a ceiling fan on one, even though they say that you can. If you guys are fairly handy I would say go for it.

      Delete
  6. I did not know digital peepholes existed. That's so neat! I love the auto on/off switch for the bathroom, too. I think we need that in the basement bath and the powder room by the office. I wish we were handy in those ways!

    You guys are doing a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peephole was just drilling a hole through the door, as simple as that, the two sides screwed together. I assume the light was more complex but, I can have hubby make some instructions and post them :)

      Delete
  7. I definetely need to get the Motion Switch for our hall bath. That would be perfect for my son since he is too little to reach it. Opening and closing the dooe should set it off, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think its the door that does it, I think its the heat from your body that sets off the sensor. Either way once your 1 foot or so in the room it comes on. He can also just wave at it.

      Delete